Saturday, November 28, 2015

Burst Of Happyness : Rose Crush Deodorant






Two of my biggest pet peeves (among several others) are body odour and bad breath and one of my biggest weakness are natural rose scented products. So when I came across this Rose Crush Cream deodorant in Ankita’s blog (Corallista), who by the way has created this fragrance blend for Burst of Happyness, I decided to give it a shot.

The product comes in a tiny glass pot with a screw on top. As with every Burst Of Happyness product, this deo too is vegan, free of artificial colours, synthetic fragrances and preservatives.  

First things first: the main difference between a deodorant and anti-perspirant.

Deodorant basically prevents unwanted odours by masking the smell caused by bacterial breakdown of sweat (1). Antiperspirant’s on the other hand, prevent the body from producing sweat by blocking the pores (1).

ABOUT THE BRAND

Learn more about Burst Of Happyness HERE!  



KEY INGREDIENTS & THEIR BENEFITS

  • Baking Soda: Natural deodorizing qualities.

  • Arrowroot flour: Not only helps to serve as a thickener in a deodorant, but it also has the power to help draw out toxins (2).

  • Cocoa Butter: A rich and creamy natural moisturizer, cocoa butter is a fat, that will “melt” when applied to the skin providing incredible moisturizing (2). It also has an unusually high amount of antioxidants (2).

  • Kokum Butter: Rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin e, and is non-comedogenic (it won’t clog your pores) (2). Kokum butter is composed of beneficial compounds that help regenerate skin cells (3).

  • Sunflower oil: Good moisturizier and absorbs into the skin quickly (4).

"There is something so beautiful, feminine and classic about the rose scent. And patchouli lends a lovely warmth and earthiness to its floral element. The herbaceous note of the patchouli tempers down the heavy sweetness of the rose but doesn't take away from its delicate nature. The combination of the two is magical to me and this deodorant has now become a staple in my daily routine!


Ankita couldn't have described the fragrance better. The delicate accords of rose & patchouli fill your senses upon first opening the product.




The deodorant has a solid creamy/flaxy texture (combination of Cocoa/Kokum butters respectively) and due to the lack of synthetic emulsifiers, the product's consistency varies with temperature. Due to the cold Canadian winters, my rose crush deo is crumbly almost to the point where I have to scrape it out of the container. However upon skin contact, it melts and glides on easily, thanks to all the amazing butters in it. 


The product does what it claims, prevents unwanted odours. The fragrance is a long lasting one for sure and lasts me for a while (overnight) when I am sedentary. 


Unfortunately, this deodorant did not work for me. I used this product with no issues for over 2 months, but all of a sudden, I developed a nasty reaction to the sodium bicarbonate in it. My pits discolored (which could be due to the skin's pH balance being disturbed by the active ingredient, sodium bicarbonate) and I am having to regularly exfoliate it at least twice a day with a d-tan scrub to lighten it. Though I do believe it is a temporary condition, it isn't aesthetically appealing and has been a rather discouraging experience. 


I am also not a fan of the product’s old packaging as well. The narrow bottle neck opening makes it difficult to scrape out the deodorant when it hardens. I would have much rather preferred the metal container packaging. 


A great concept which sadly did not work for me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik